- Get a FREE Online Tutor Through Brainfuse: Brainfuse HelpNow is an all-in-one suite of tutoring services designed for a wide range of academic needs, whether it’s tackling a tough homework problem, mastering a particular topic, or writing a paper. HelpNow services include expert academic tutoring and self-study tools. Students access live, on-demand academic help and state-aligned skills building lessons from expert tutors. Click herefor more details and step-by-step instructions on how to set up a free account.
- GPA and GCS Health Services to Offer Mental Health Series: To help families stay mentally and emotionally healthy, GPA teams with the GCS Health Services and Nursing department to offer a mental health experience. The virtual workshop series, called “Coping in Crisis: Mind, Body and Action,” will help families identify, understand and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
The “Coping in Crisis: Mind, Body & Action” experience will include the following topics:
- April 19: Helping Students Exhibiting Substance Use and Suicidal Behaviors
- April 20: What is School-Based Mental Health?
- April 21: Coping Skills after Traumatic Experiences
- April 22: Trauma-Informed Care
- April 27: Grief and Loss
- April 30: Mindfulness
- May 11: Self-Care
- May 12: Trauma-Informed Care
- May 19: Red Flags/Warning Signs-Virtual Learning
- May 26: Coping Skills after Traumatic Experiences
- June 2: Coping Skills after Traumatic Experiences
Click here to register and learn more about each session. A link to join the session will be sent after registration.
- You Can Win with a Winning Mind!
- GPA to Offer Leadership Bootcamp for Families
Research shows that parent and family engagement is paramount to student success, both in school and in life. To help families prepare a personalized plan of success, GPA is partnering with DrReidTeaches® to host “Winning Minds Leadership Development Bootcamps” coming up on May 12, May 18 and May 26. Participants are encouraged to register for one or all of the sessions.
Led by Dr. Joseph Reid, entrepreneur and leadership coach, DrReidTeaches® provides free webinars and workshops throughout the US and across the world to educate families on how to build a legacy and develop into strong leaders. During the virtual sessions, Reid will provide tools to build and execute strategic plans for individuals and their families.
Winning Minds Leadership Development Bootcamp
Wednesday, May 12 from 6-7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 18 from 6-7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 26 from 1-2 p.m.
Start your own business! Do you have dreams of owning your own business but not sure where to start? Let us guide you in the right direction with our Virtual Entrepreneur Workshop series!
Business Sense is an entrepreneurship training program for adults of all ages. The eight-week program equips parents and caregivers with tools, resources and guidance on how to start a business. Participants will explore business startup cost, capital and structure while developing a strategic plan for management, sustainability, and growth.
Reserve your spot today as seating is limited.
Workshop sessions include:
- May 3: Let’s make it your Business
- May 10: Personal Passion for Profit
- May 17: Pillars of Success
- May 24: Let’s Get Registered
- June 7: Do you See What I See?
- June 14: Presentations
- June 21: Financial Wealth
- June 28: What’s Next?
The Greensboro Public Library will have virtual programming all next week to celebrate El Día de los Niños/El Día de los Libros. The program schedule is listed on the attached flyers (linked below). The featured event, a musical bilingual story time with Criss Cross Mangosauce, will take place on FB live on Saturday, May 1 at 3:00. The link to the event is here.