Return to Headlines

Peanut/Nuts Allergy

Occasionally, a health concern arises in a school setting that requires enlisting the support of parent/guardian and classmates to help make the classroom a safe and healthy place for all. This letter is to inform you that some  students in your child’s classroom have severe allergy to peanut/tree nuts and shellfish. For them, strict avoidance of these allergens is the only way to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction.

We are asking for your assistance in providing these students with a safe learning environment. Even touching a small amount of a product or accidental ingestion containing these allergens could result in a life-threatening situation that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the risk of exposure in the classroom, we are asking that you do not send any product containing nuts for your child to eat during snack and for birthday treats as well. If your child has eaten peanut or tree nuts prior to coming to school, please make sure that their hands have been thoroughly washed prior to entering the classroom. We have also posted a Peanut-free Classroom poster outside of our classroom.

We believe all families understand a parent/guardian’s concern about safety and will join us in ensuring that the school environment is safe for all students. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me ( 336375-2565 EX 1612 or gardead@gcsnc.com) Thanks for your help in making  our class a safe year for each and every student.