GCS: Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd Grades Return to the Building
PreK, Kindergarten, First and Second Grade Face-2-Face Students Return to School
If your student is returning to face-to-face instruction on Thursday, November 12 here are a few things to remember:
• The tardy bell rings at 7:35am and instruction ends at 2:05pm. Students may not enter the building before 7:05am and must be picked up by 2:25pm.
• Your student should bring a bottle of water labeled with their name and a well-fitting mask.
• Breakfast and lunch will be provided by our cafeteria and will be eaten in the classroom.
• Parents and visitors will NOT be allowed in the building unless they have an appointment with someone in the front office. Appointments may be scheduled from 8am – 1:00pm and again from 3:00pm - 4pm.
Make sure your child’s teacher has an updated phone number to reach you and an emergency contact.
If your student is a car rider:
• Parents will complete the student symptom attestation before students leave the car.
• Parents must stay in the car.
• If your child has no symptoms or fever, they will let themselves out of the car and enter the building. Staff will direct them to their classrooms.
If your student is a bus rider:
• You must complete a bus attestation form online at https://app.perfectforms.com/PresentationServer/Form.aspx/Play/CgJmgAEi?f=CgJmgAEi every morning.
• Do not send your child to school if they have a fever or have had one within 24 hours. Parents who have completed the bus transportation form by November 3, 2020 have been assigned a space.
• Only students who have an assigned space will be allowed to ride the bus. You may still complete a bus request by contacting our school data manager at 336-316-5858 beginning at 8:30am. New requests may take up to 15 days for transportation to schedule. Please be patient as the front office will be experiencing a high number of calls.
Do not send students who are not on the Face-to-Face roster. We will not have space to socially distance students who are scheduled for remote learning classes. No 3rd -5th grade students should return to campus until Tuesday, January 5.