- What We Do
- Meet the Team
- Back to School 2022
- News Media
- Public Records Requests
- Get the GCS App!
- Get Involved: Volunteer or Partner
- Employee of the Month
- Internal Key Communicators
- Ignite Magazine
- GCS Branding and Communications Standards
- News Archives: 2010-2017
Board Seeks Public Comment on Nontraditional Calendars
The public is invited to comment on the proposed calendar options for the districts's non-traditional schools. The comment period is open for 15 days.
The proposed calendars would be for the upcoming 2015-16 school year and were developed in alignment (where possible) with the 2015-16 traditional academic calendar, which was approved by the board in December.
The proposed calendars can be viewed here:
- Greensboro College Middle College
- The Middle College at UNCG
- The Early College at Guilford
- 10-Day Extended Year (Oak Hill Elementary, Wiley Elementary, Allen Middle, Parkview Elementary, Fairview Elementary and Hampton Elementary University Partnership Magnet.)
- Middle Colleges and Academies (The Academy at Central, The Academy at Smith, The Middle College at Bennett, The Middle College at N.C. A&T, The STEM Early College at N.C. A&T, The Middle College at GTCC-High Point, The Middle College at GTCC-Greensboro, The Middle College at GTCC-Jamestown)
- Extended Year * (Brooks Global Studies, Johnson Street Global Studies, Washington Montessori, Allen Jay Middle)
On the 20-day extended-year calendar, five inclement weather makeup days are numbered as six through 10, because the first five days missed due to inclement weather will be waived. Makeup days have been identified to preserve instructional time for schools with 20 additional days as was done in 2014-15 for the 10-day extended year schools. In the event that more school days are missed because of inclement weather than have been identified, additional makeup days will need to be determined for all GCS calendars.
Input may be shared for the next 15 days by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Feb. 25. The Board will vote on the proposed calendars during their regularly scheduled meeting on Feb. 26. Feedback may also be sent by U.S. mail to Calendar Comments, c/o Chief of Staff, Guilford County Schools, 712 N. Eugene St., Greensboro, NC 27401.