March 16 Update - No School Monday, March 16 (English)
Good evening Simkins Family. This is Mr. Zimmerman with a few updates related to Governor Roy Coopers’ Executive order – closing all public schools for STUDENTS (for in person, classroom instruction) for at least two weeks, starting Monday, March 16 through at least Friday, March 27. This includes all before- and after-school programming, and community facility use.
1) Tomorrow Monday March 16th – Simkins will be open from 9am -11am and 2pm-4pm for parents to come and:
- Pick up personal items, medicine – if necessary, and your child’s GCS One Card to allow public library access.
- We will provide Digital Resources as supplemental materials and confirm contact information when you arrive (email, cell#, home#, etc.)
- If you are not able to come during the 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm window of time, then please call the front office if needed
2) Starting Wednesday March 18th – food will be distributed at the 13-summer feeding sites
a. Bluford/Peeler Elem, Washington Montessori Elem, Hairston Middle and Dudley High are the school sites that are closest to our school zone
3) There is a district hotline # 336-332-7290
a. Questions related to food support
b. Families in crisis
c. Online learning and special education - the district hotline# is: 336-332-7290 4) Please reference the GCS website at: www.gcsnc.com for daily updates around 7pm – please patient and flexible with the information as things may change quickly
We are working in partnership with you and multiple community resources to keep our children safe, extend educational resources and family support. Please use the district hotline # 336-332-7290 and district website for additional information.